How do you repair Kenwood radio caught within the “Defend Mode”?
You possibly can repair a Kenwood automotive radio caught in defend mode by resetting it. If the reset choice doesn’t work, it’s important to examine the radio and its connections for overheating and shorting.
Like most automotive radios, Kenwood ones additionally go into defend mode for safeguarding the interior circuitry of the radio from irrevocable injury. Nevertheless, the issue with Kenwood’s defend mode is it’s laborious to get round. The consumer manuals that include Kenwood radios should not of nice assist. Furthermore, easy web searches don’t present the answer both.
However luckily, you’ve landed on the proper place to search out the answer. Right here will talk about the way to repair a Kenwood automotive radio caught in defend mode intimately. This information will stroll you thru multiple attainable resolution.
Resolution 1: Reset the radio
Earlier than attempting anything, you need to reset your Kenwood radio to get it out of defend mode. We’ve got a few resetting strategies you possibly can attempt right here.
If the radio will get out of defend mode and begins working usually as earlier than, you don’t must attempt anything.
Resolution 2: Examine the radio for overheating
When you have added some aftermarket audio parts to your automotive radio of late (e.g. a strong sub), it would result in overheating of the radio. You possibly can simply examine if that’s the case.
- Flip off the radio and take away the aftermarket element
- Change the radio on and play it at its default settings
- If it doesn’t go into defend mode once more, take into account the aftermarket set up the rationale behind this glitch
Resolution 3: Examine the speaker wires
In some circumstances, the shorting of speaker wires collectively or the constructive ones with the bottom push a radio into the defend mode. This often occurs whenever you add new audio system to the system with poor set up protocols. A radical inspection is required to resolve this downside.
- Take away the receiver unit and examine the speaker wires.
- There will likely be 4 units of two wires (often in purple, white, inexperienced, and grey shade schemes). Be sure that each wire is insulated correctly. Search for any fraying and injury throughout the size of the wire, particularly at locations the place wires are bundled collectively or touching any metallic floor.
- In the event you discover any of the problems talked about above, take away and change the speaker wires. This can get your Kenwood radio out of defend mode.
If not one of the above options repair the issue, you could have to take the radio to designated Kenwood dealerships or any seasoned automotive audio professional in your neighborhood.