Monster Truck Insanity – Repainting the RC4WD K10 Scottsdale?
Hey gang and Glad Thursday!
The RC4WD K10 Scottsdale that I ordered arrived late final week (thanks Remote Control Hobbies of Orlando!) and I’ve had a number of days to paw it over.
Like seemingly everybody else on the Web who has one among these puppies, I’m impressed with it. That is the primary time I’ve had a LWB Path Finder 2 and I actually admire that further size versus the shorter authentic. The Chevy physique is completely beautiful! It’s an automotive fashion paint job with a really good delicate metallic flake purple.
So right here’s the deal- this truck goes to be achieved up as a Stage-1 fashion Rotten Apple monster truck. That signifies that the beautiful purple, sadly, has to go.
I began disassembling the physique to make it prepared for paint once I realized how tough this was going to be.
A lot of the physique equipment comes aside straightforward sufficient, like the inside and grill. The interior fender wells and bumpers come un-installed, so no worries there both. The problem I bumped into was that the home windows, door panels, and lightweight wiring had been all glued. Within the case of the wiring, with a thick epoxy sort of glue. It’s all achieved in a really clear trend.
I felt like getting all the things aside would lead to me butchering sure elements of it, and I determine it’s simply not price it. All of it seems to be too good.
So right here’s my new plan- I’m going to only watch for RC4WD to launch the separate unpainted physique equipment, and provides THAT the Rotten Apple treatment- full with some form of engine protruding of the hood.
The stainless physique it’s received will keep that approach. Nicely, no less than earlier than I begin working it! I do plan to place a light-weight bar on the again of it, although.
I’ll mess with giving it drastically taller tires and extra carry every time a physique equipment is launched. Within the meantime I plan to go for barely bigger tires and barely smaller wheels. I’ll be placing 1.55″‘s on it with a tire within the 4-ish inch OD vary.
These small adjustments ought to give it that 80’s present truck vibe I’m wanting. It’ll tide me over till I can begin monsterizing it!
So whereas I made a decision to go away this physique as-is, with the inside out I figured it was an excellent time so as to add a driver. I used a GI Joe figurine I discovered at Wal-Mart and a few plastic cement.
Turned out nice!
That’s all for the K10 for now. Whenever you see it subsequent, it’ll be barely completely different trying!
Till subsequent time, preserve it on all 4’s!